Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why I decided to write

I never thought I would write a blog. I read them, but I am not really one for sharing my thoughts with just anyone, but with our move to Tennessee and that I am not working right now, I have more time and thought I would set something up to keep family and friends in on what we are up to here. Also, it is clearly evident that God directed all the steps of this move and we just had to step out in faith, something Brent and I don't always like doing because we like our comfort zone. But, to see God work in the past several weeks has been incredible. He has ordered all our steps, recent events in our lives both good and hard, to this point. I don't know what all He has for us here, but I am excited to see. While taking a step of faith is often hard, especially to nudge yourself to do it, God is always faithful in return leading and confirming that step. One thing I am loving is all the trees! After growing up in part of the Rockies, our land bordered on a national forest, and then ending up in Dallas, the trees, landscape, and nice views were lacking. The Smokies and Appalachians look totally different than the Rockies, but to have trees and small mountains again, I love it!! I can't wait for the leaves to start turning as it cools off. Here are a couple of pictures from one of our new favorite parks. There is a walking trail, an awesome wooden and tire play structure and a train to climb into!! We have made several trips to this park already.









4 comments:

Sonya Terrell said...

Great to see you writing! I can't wait to read more!

I miss you guys!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of the weather!

Lara said...

I love the park. It is going to be great to have you guys closer.

God Bless

Paul said...

I am so glad you did this. i don't read blogs often, but I had time tonight..I am glad I did! I love Chattanooga....you are right, it is beautiful! Hugs to Nathan for me.

Praise God for answered prayer and reminders of HIM in our lives.

This is Danyelle....