Friday, September 21, 2007

Nathan's Birthday








At 10:30 pm we will have had Nate in our lives (in addition to the 9 months I carried him) for 2 years. I posted one of the first pictures that was taken of us as a family. It is hard to believe that he is now 2. He is so amazing and such a wonderful gift from God. He is saying new words everyday and knows the names and sounds for most animals even if he can't say them perfectly. He can also name all of the Backyardigans and the Wiggles characters. Pablo is his favorite Backyardigan and he draws out the 'y' when he says Tyrone and it cracks me up. I guess he is getting his southern Tennessee drawl! I took a picture of him when he woke up this morning. He had a good day. Waffles for breakfast, then grocery shopping with mom having fun naming all the fruits and vegetables, and then I took him to lunch at Panera Bread for grilled cheese. After that we went and bought balloons for his birthday and came home. I made his cake while he napped and then Brent got home early and helped me make spaghetti for Nate's birthday dinner, which is one of his favorites. We ended the day with cake, presents and talking to Nana and Papa (my parents) and Grandma and Grandpa (Brent's parents) on the phone. Nate got lots of fun presents including a stuffed hippo from Nana and Papa. He is in this hippo obsession stage. He loves hippos! Brent and I got him a play hut and he got much needed fall clothes and pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa. He also got some other good things. Nathan loved his Pablo cake and had to move his piece of cake to each of the different Backyardigans plates that I got. He ate off of his Pablo plate, then wanted his cake on my Tasha and Uniqua plate and then on Brent's Tyrone and Austin plate, talking about the characters the whole time. Tomorrow we are taking him to the zoo to continue the celebration.

Happy birthday Nathan!! We love you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did y'all happen to take him to see the many HIPPOS around Hutto? :)

He is adorable and such a precious, well behaved kid. I still can't decide who he looks like.